Atmajyoti Yoga in Stockholm together with Sri Sudhir Tiwari, an internationally recognized authority in Pranayama, offers a 200 hour Pranayama Teacher Training Course over three workshops, 2 of 1 week and 1 of 10 days in Stockholm Sweden. This course is opened to people who have a regular pratice of Hatha Yoga and a basic understanding of the fundamental yogic texts (Patanjali Yoga Sutras, Hatha Pradipika)
Title: Pranayama teacher training course – year 1
Objective: provide an authentic and authoritative training for
a rigorous Pranayam practice based on the ancient scriptures and the science of Yoga according to the Kaivalyadham lineage. This training will address the definition, the techniques (and their variations), as well as the results of the practice in the light
of Ayurveda and modern science.
Certificate: participants will be assessed in theory and
practice and will receive upon successful completion a
certificate testifying their ability to teach basic Pranayam
with breath retention. This certificate also gives the
participants access to the second year of the 3 year Pranayam
teacher Training at Kaivalyadham India.
Public: traditional Yoga teachers or anyone knowing the basis
of traditional Yoga. Participants must have a regular personal
practice of asanas.
Location: Atmajyoti Yoga in Stockholm
Duration: 200 hours of teaching in group over two one week workshops and one ten day workshop (24 days in total). Regular personal practice and study are expected from the participants between the workshops. Dates and program below.
Teachers: Sudhir Tiwari, assisted by Viveka Blom Nygren,
Director of Atmajyoti Yoga.
Fee: 3000 € teaching fee, food and accomodation not included.
The price does not include: books, transport, accomodation and food during the workshops.
Prerequisites: applicants must have a regular personal asana
practice and a basic understanding of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutra and Hatha Pradipika.
Payment : 500 € deposit at registration to book a place + 2500 € balance to be paid before the course starts.
Module 1: februari 18-24 2023
– Introduction to Pranayama
– Introduction to essential texts in relation to Pranayama
– Introduction to Ayurveda
– Teaching and practice of Kriyas
Module 2 : June 13-22 2023
– Progression in learning and practice
– Study of essential texts
– Pranayama in the light of modern science
– Introduction to teaching methodology of Pranayam
– Teaching and practice of Kriyas
Module 3 : October 13-19 2023
– Final phase of the progression, introduction to breath retention
– Study of texts and methodology
– Fundamental Yogic therapy principles
– Kriya practice
– Written tests
Between every module, students are expected to put in practice
the techniques and to follow the given progression. They also
have to submit on time all required written homework.
1. Regular personal practice of traditional Hatha Yoga asanas.
2. Basic knowledge and understanding of fundamental scriptures (Patanjali Yoga Sutras, Hatha Pradipika).
3. Ability to stay comfortably seated in a meditative posture for
4. Ability to slow the respiratory rythm down to 4 breaths per minute (5 seconds inhalation, 10 seconds exhalation).
To apply for this course, please send an email to email@example.com with the following documents attached:
– A recent photo of yourself where your face is clearly visible
– A copy of your Yoga teacher certificate / diploma if you have
– An essay – minimum 1000 words – explaining your understanding of traditional Yoga based on clear references to the scriptures.
– A detailed description of your personal practice.
– A motivation letter explaining why you would like to enroll for this course.