Hatha Yoga Teacher Intensive with Noah Maze at Atmajyoti Yoga in Stockholm
This workshop is held at Norrtullsgatan 20
– Early bird price until 14th of January –
This training includes an online component consisting of lectures and teacher training related asana practices with Noah and his team. This online component will be provided to students at the end of the program and will serve as a continuing resource for further learning throughout the remainder of the year.
40 continuing education hours that includes, 28 contact hours and 16 + hours of home study.
This workshop entails four full days at Atmajyoti Yoga: Tuesday-Friday, 8am-5pm.
Open Asana classes will be held the last two hours of the day (3pm-5pm) – that students without time/interest in the full workshop can join as well.
DAY 1 CREATE: Sequencing Strategies for Success
We lay the groundwork for creating effective class plans and sequences for a variety of purposes.
* Sequencing for alignment based classes
* Introduction to sequencing templates
* Sequencing for repetition of shape and action
* Sequencing for vinyasa classes
* Sequencing for creativity
* Sequencing for peak pose classes
* Sequencing for beginners
* Sequencing for student progress in one class and over time
Asana Workshop: Stand
This standing pose class will ground you and prepare you for whatever lies ahead, as standing poses prepare you for every other type of pose. Expect clear instructions, step by step sequencing, strong work in fundamental poses, refinements and some good old fashioned standing poses.
Day 2 TOUCH: Physical Adjustments
Increase the skill and efficacy of your use of touch. We will explore considerations of when and who and how to touch, as well as different types of physical adjustments in a variety common poses.
* Anatomy Brush Up: New Ideas You Might Not Have Considered
* Permission & Boundaries
* Stabilizing touch
* Indicative touch
* Directional touch
Asana Workshop: Fly
Fly Demystify arm balances in this strong all levels workshop. Expect plenty of core strengthening, standing poses, hip openers and upper body strengtheners as we systematically deconstruct, prepare for, and reconstruct arm-balancing postures. Experience the graceful power of these poses and be ready for some breakthroughs!
DAY 3 REACH: Conscious Use of Myth and Metaphor
We focus and hone in on more subtle aspects of teaching: theme, metaphor and the evocative power of mythic consciousness. We explore:
* The conscious use of myth and metaphor
* Class themes
* Mythic narrative and storytelling
* Class opening and closing strategies
* Theme integration strategies
* Tools to deepen Sadhana
* Vulnerability and teaching
* Ethics and boundaries
Asana Workshop: Awaken
This session will deeply explore the principles that empower you to open your body/mind/heart safely and powerfully, by building opening and awareness in a well-rounded, potent, full spectrum practice of asana, pranayama, and meditation. We will dive deeply into our bodies, minds, and hearts to enjoy the bliss of integrated awareness and ability.
DAY 4 BREATHE: Vinyasa Sequencing and Transitions
We study vinyasa flow sequencing and teaching techniques to highlight breath and movement, rhythm and momentum of continuous practice without sacrificing sound alignment. We explore:
* Pranayama and effective use of breath as primary support
* Crafting intelligent, effective and creative vinyasa sequences
* Weaving form, foundation in precision into the flow
* Teaching transitions
* Learning new and healthy biomechanical approaches to vinyasa
* Pacing and pulse: the dance of holding and flowing
* Sustainable sequencing
* Set sequence vinyasa: Why?
* Beginner strategies
* Intermediate strategies
* Considering how to develop advanced sequences
Asana Workshop: Flow
This strong all levels vinyasa workshop will build on fundamental vinyasa poses and transitions (sun salutations), build heat, focus and strength as we progress into increasingly complex and creative peak sequences that combine standing poses, hip openers, arm balances, inversions, and backbends. Expect strong continuous practice, in rhythm with your breath, alignment combined with flow. Come ready to play hard and challenge your practice.